Enjoying listening to this audiobook in the Writer’s own voice and simultaneously going through her written words. Written in a poetic language, full of ancient wisdom yet connected to our day to day life, this book is a beautiful experience! Highly recommend.
- …….Accepting that we cannot hold on to or control the status quo is a powerful teaching from wabi sabi, reminding us to treasure the good we have right now, and know that the bad will pass.
- Any time you feel stressed or worried, upset, lost or lonely, anchor yourself in the facts of now. Notice what’s going on in your body, and what’s going on around you. Feel what you are feeling, know that this is just a moment, and soon it will give way to another.
- People think Zen is all about calmness and tranquillity, and living in some blissed-out state of good vibes. But actually, it’s about how you face your challenges: unhappiness, loneliness, worry, difficult emotions. It’s about learning to deal with what life throws at you, and acceptance of actuality is central to that.
- The ‘imperfection’ that wabi sabi teaches us is based in the rules of nature. If everything is always changing, nothing can ever be absolutely complete. Therefore, nothing can ever be perfect, as perfection is a state of completeness.
- Imperfection is a snapshot of our journeys of growth and living at a particular moment in time.
- Your heart’s response to beauty is the essence of wabi sabi.